CALEA standard 46.2.6 requires accredited law enforcement agencies to have a written policy outlining the conduct and training requirements for conducting VIP/PSD operations. With these standards in mind, this course is developed utilizing the U. S. Department of State Diplomatic Security Service, Secret Service, U.S.M.C. and other various protection groups as an operational template along with input from the experiences of MUR Strategic’s protective security specialists who are currently working active protection details domestically and abroad. The primary focus of this course is to instruct students on the proper techniques for conducting low to medium threat level protective security operations. Regardless whether your protectee is a politician, judge, corporate executive or a celebrity, this course will give students the techniques for planning and executing a protective security detail. This 5-Day course will create realistic conditions that are designed to prepare and challenge students while they perform a variety of protective security scenarios.
Training safety – Terminology – Equipment Considerations – Protective Detail Formations and Tactics – Attacks on Principle – Protective Pre-Posting – Radio Communications – Medical Emergencies – Dress and Etiquette – Advances/Site Surveys – Motorcade Operations – Arrivals and Departures – Methods of Room Combat – Surveillance Detection – Immediate Action Drills – full list furnished upon registration
This course contains over 15 hours of practical protective security detail exercises in various public venues.
Course PS.300 Protective Security/Dignitary Protection Level I
This course is accredited by the following:
SC Criminal Justice Academy
Approval #3721 38.25 CLEE’s
University of South Carolina Continuing Education:
Approval number assigned per class
- 1 ea. Semi-automatic handgun with 2 magazines (NO LIVE AMMO)
- 1 ea. Concealable Holster
- 1 ea. Pistol magazine pouch
- 1 ea. Flashlight, concealable
- 1 ea. Hydration Container
- 1 ea. Concealable body armor (recommended)
- Note taking material (Suitable for taking in the field on advances. Leather binder style recommended with no law enforcement or military identifiers.)
- Business Cards
- Law Enforcement Credentials
****A complete list to include daily attire will be furnished upon registration****
No training prerequisites for this course.
- Open to active military / law enforcement / private security personnel only. Proper ID required to be shown on the first day of training.
***** Due to Department of State ITAR regulations, all Tactical Training is restricted to US Citizens/Legal Residents. *****